Head of Operations
- Head of operations with 5 years professional experience
- Social enterprise, umbrella group headquartered in Mauritius
- Priority focus countries : Niger, Guinea, Benin, Nigeria, Senegal
About Manobi Africa and agCelerant
Combining expertise, digitalization, and proximal presence, Manobi Africa pioneers the construction of Africa’s food sovereignty based on economic and social inclusion of vulnerable populations.
With its agCelerant service ecosystem, Manobi Africa leapfrogs agriculture into the post-digital era and develops phygital agriculture, building consumer-driven, transparent, and honorable food systems through the orchestration of inclusive value creation along commodity value chains. agCelerant thus catalyzes public-private partnerships in a multi-country portfolio that contributes to the transformation of African agriculture.
The agCelerant head of operations will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer, Manobi Africa and with the Director, International Development to optimize the deployment of the agCelerant ecosystem in target countries. S/he will coordinate country teams and nurture partner relationships to ensure inclusive performance in agricultural value chains orchestrated by agCelerant. Specifically, the head of operations will:
- Coordinates in-country implementation of agCelerant through strategic planning and administrative and technical management.
- Supervise the quality of agCelerant in-country operations (timelines, budget, and deliverables) and ensure their compliance with best internal, public and private partner practice.
- Be responsible for agCelerant projects and programs financial and technical management, including the management of contracted third parties.
- Oversee the optimization and safeguarding of quality interactions between agricultural value chain stakeholders orchestrated by agCelerant, including producer organizations, financial institutions, insurance providers, inputs, seeds and other service providers, agro-industries, public development actors.
- Represent agCelerant and the Manobi Africa Group in selected international meetings with potential partners, and ensure follow-up of partnerships s/he, the CEO and/or the Director of International Development established.
- Identify and develop partnership and financing opportunities susceptible of accelerating the in-country and international deployment of agCelerant.
- Be involved in the Manobi Africa Group’s strategy development for the agricultural sector.
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Motivated by the Manobi Africa Group mission to develop, with agCelerant, Africa’s food sovereignty based on the inclusion of smallholder producers.
- University degree in a relevant discipline (marketing & communication, social sciences, international management, international development studies, agricultural sciences).
- Passionate about the use of digital technologies in agriculture or other economic sectors in developing countries.
- Experienced and referenced in the development and management of agricultural development initiatives in a competitive environment.
- Equipped with a good contacts network and visibility with public and private partners involved in the agricultural development sector, with a demonstrated capacity for partnership development and resource mobilization.
- At least 5 years of professional experience as a senior manager of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Capacity, motivation and required agility to work in diverse, complex environments.
- Managerial capacity and solid experience in building high performance teams.
- Impeccable integrity and credibility in the development sector.
- Mastery of professional English and French (read, spoken, written).
- Capacity to communicate efficiently in front of diverse audiences.
- Dakar (Senegal) base with regular international travel.
- Attractive remuneration package – contact us for more information
Send your resume and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject
« Head of Operations – agCelerant »
The position will remain open for application until filled.
Manobi Africa is an equal opportunity employer and is especially interested in increasing the participation of women on its staff.
Share this post on